With Access Medical Labs Adrenal Plus Profile you will be able to evaluate your Cortisol , DHEAS, 17-OH Progesterone, Melatonin, and Androstenedione levels which help in determining if you have or are at risk of adrenal fatigue. The Cortisol/DHEAS Saliva Test measures the levels of the stress hormones DHEAS and cortisol and provides an evaluation of how cortisol levels differ throughout the day. Our saliva hormone tests can uncover biochemical imbalances that can be underlying causes of such conditions as chronic stress, adrenal fatigue, anxiety, chronic fatigue, obesity, diabetes, depression, insomnia, and many other chronic conditions. The adrenal fatigue syndrome is a condition where your adrenal glands are fatigued. Once the adrenal glands are fatigued, your body will get lesser help from the glands. The glands will work much less effectively. One thing that glands will not do anymore is the production of cortisol. These hormones called cortisol are hormones that help your body cope with stress. These hormones are responsible for the body's reaction to stress. It is what gives the body the options to "fight" or to take "flight", away from stress. Too much of fighting stress will result to stressed adrenal glands. Once the glands are damaged, they will stop production of cortisol and this is bad. The body will have reduced protection from infections and you will catch flu's and other respiratory diseases faster. Other consequences and side effects will also occur.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
TESTS IN THE ADRENAL PLUS PROFILE: