Amino Acids Profile Urine by Metametrix The urine amino acid profile reports levels of essential amino acids and their derivatives in categories. Functional vitamin and mineral deficiencies and diagnosis of metabolic disorders, including neuroendocrine, muscle wasting, and bone loss, can be determined from a urine amino acid analysis. A 24-hour urine collection gives the most accurate analysis of urine amino acids.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
To See A Sample Report Click Here!
Amino acids make up proteins found in every tissue of the body. They play a major role in nearly every chemical process that affects both physical and mental function. As a result, amino acids have more diverse functions than any other nutrient group, including:
- Cellular energy production
- Formation of ligaments, tendons, and bones
- Formation of antibodies
- Formation and regulation of enzymes and blood transport proteins
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACID DERIVATIVES