Health Remedies Launches a New Telehealth Service
In order to enhance the experiences of our patients and clients, we at Health Remedies are launching a new telehealth service. Our innovative mobile health care option combines cutting-edge technology with optimal versatility and ease of use. You will no longer need to drive across the region or fly across the country to access one of our doctors. This evolution in the practice of healthcare is being embraced by academia, insurers, policy makers, patients and clients, and truly represents the wave of the future. We do not intend for telehealth to replace how we practice medicine. Rather we aim to provide simple solutions that improve access to care for our patients and clients. The scope of our clinical and education services are state of the art and science. So, too, should our delivery of these services be just as advanced. You demand that. You deserve that.
The Health Resources Services Administration of the federal government defines telehealth as the use of electronic information and telecommunication technologies to support long-distance clinical health care and health-related education.
Telehealth is different from telemedicine because it refers to a broader scope of remote healthcare services than telemedicine. For example, telemedicine refers specifically to remote clinical services. Telehealth, on the other hand, in addition to clinical services, can refer to remote non-clinical services, such as health and wellness consultation and education, and lifestyle modification.
The promise of telehealth comprises better access to medical and psychiatric evaluation and treatment, real-time health education and consulting, and improved patient compliance and outcomes.
Types of Services Appropriate for Telehealth
Traditional Medical and Psychiatric Clinical Services (only available in the states of Florida and Virginia, i.e. where our clinicians hold an active medical license)
To Relieve suffering and restore functioning:
- Initial evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment planning with an emphasis on symptom relief and disease modification
- Oredering and review of labs
- Patient education
- Changes in health and lifestyle behaviors
- Medication management (non-controlled substances only)
- Individual and family psychotherapy
Health and Wellness Consultation and Coaching
To optimize health, happiness, and longevity:
- Health assessment with an emphasis on building and maintaining wellness, effectively pursuing happiness, and aggressively optimizing longevity
- Review of labs
- Education, coaching, and therapeutic nagging
- Identification of barriers to changing behavior
Conditions and Diagnoses
- Memory and other cognitive concerns
- Adrenal exhaustion
- Low testosterone
- Hormone imbalance
- Neuro-degenerative conditions
Our Telehealth Platform
This new Health Remedies service uses a telehealth engagement platform developed and powered by industry leader WeCounsel™. It is a HIPAA-compliant platform with an emphasis on integrative medicine, health consulting, and education. The software surpasses industry encryption standards, undergoes annual 3rd party HIPPAA quality assessment, and employs security protocols (password requirements, auto time-outs, and redundancy measures) to keep your information secure.
Our telehealth initiative provides many potential benefits:
- Allows you to meet from the comfort of your home or office
- Affords more flexible hours
- Minimizes time lost from work responsibilities, domestic duties, social obligations, and leisure activities
- Optimizes privacy and anonymity
- Provide access from any internet connected computer, tablet, or mobile device