Bloodspot Amino Acid Assay from Metametrix Clinical Laboratory. Amino Acid Profile 20 Amino acids make up proteins found in every tissue of the body. They play a major role in nearly every chemical process that affects both physical and mental function.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
To See A Sample Report Click Here!
As a result, amino acids have more diverse functions than any other nutrient group, including: Cellular energy production ,Formation of ligaments, tendons, and bones ,Formation of antibodies ,Formation and regulation of enzymes and blood transport proteins ,Fasting blood levels represent a homeostatic balance between supply and utilization of amino acids.
The Metametrix Bloodspot Amino Acid Assay can illuminate problems in amino acid absorption by determining essential amino acid imbalances. The Bloodspot Amino Acid Assay is a non-invasive alternative to a blood draw in determining essential amino acid status and therefore may be a better alternative in the pediatric setting.
The test kit is simple enough for the patient to use at home. Involves a simple finger stick.
Determines levels of:
Analytes from :