The Cardio/ION Health Profile provides a comprehensive array of parameters to determine overall nutritional status with a specific impact on reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease and improving cardiovascular health.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
To See A Saple Report Click Here!
You know the ION Profile is one of the best values in nutritional medicine. The Cardio/ION Profile makes it an even better value by adding cutting-edge risk markers for cardiovascular disease (CVD)!
Why should you order the Cardio/ION Profile?
Because 1 in 3 adults has some form of cardiovascular disease (2). The Cardio/ION identifies key nutritionally modifiable risk factors for CVD, including:
- Fatty acid imbalances that lead to chronic inflammation, shown by current research to be one of the most probable causes of CVD
- High fibrinogen that can make the blood more sticky or viscous, increasing the risk of clots
- Homocysteine, increasingly recognized as an important risk factor for not only CVD, but stroke and dementia as well
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), a fat-soluble, vitamin-like substance in every human cell that is involved in key biochemical reactions that produce energy in cells, and it also acts as an antioxidant
- Fasting insulin, an indicator of insulin resistance which often leads to metabolic syndrome, type 2 diabetes, and CVD
- Sufficiency of antioxidant protection, shown in studies to help reduce fatty deposits on artery walls and limit cell damage that can lead to both CVD and cancer
||12-18 days, 14 days average
||All analytes from the following profiles:
0011 Amino Acids 20 - Plasma
0022 Nutrient And Toxic Elements - RBC
0033 CoQ10 Plus Vitamins - Serum
0032 Vitamin D - Serum
0040 Fatty Acids - Plasma
0051 Lipid Peroxides - Serum
0091 Organic Acids - Urine
0093 Homocysteine - Serum
0161 Cardiovascular Health - Blood
Go beyond conventional serum lipid markers. Identify critical CVD risk factors, including:
• C-Reactive Protein
• AA/EPA Ratio
• RBC Magnesium
• LDL/HDL Ratio
The Cardio/ION Profile can also guide your treatment of many other conditions, including:
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Immune Disorders
• Mental/Emotional Disorders
• Learning and Behavior Disorders
• Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
• Inflammatory Conditions