Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA 2.0) with Parasitology test evaluates digestion, absorption, gut flora, and the colonic environment, and is indicated for all chronic GI problems, for acute bowel pattern changes, and for many systemic diseases. The Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis 2.0 is the most advanced non-invasive evaluation of specific gastrointestinal imbalances. It includes a parasitology component with the CDSA 2.0 that evaluates for parasites using microscopic examination and EIA testing. The profile is indicated for all chronic GI problems, for acute bowel pattern changes, and for many systemic diseases and provides a sensitivity panel for treating pathogenic flora.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Digestive complaints are among the most common reasons that individuals
seek medical care. Recent evidence now confirms that GI abnormalities are
associated with many conditions outside the GI tract.
General GI Extra-intestinal Specific GI Dysfunction: Indications:
Indigestion Osteoporosis Post Inflammatory IBS
Constipation Diabetes Crohns Disease or Ulcerative Colitis (IBD)
Diarrhea Arthritis Family history of IBD
Gas and Bloating Autoimmune disease Family history of Gastrointestinal cancers
Recent use of antibiotics Fibromyalgia Pancreatic Insufficiency
GI infection/Dysbiosis Chronic Fatigue Gallstones
(Pancreatic Elastase, Putrefactive SCFAs, n-Butyrate)
- Direct measure of Pancreatic Digestive Enzyme output without interference from digestive
supplements, changes in stool transit time or marker variability. Low levels of digestive enzyme
output are associated with intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
Gut Immunology Markers:
(Calprotectin, Eosinophil Protein X)
- This quantitative analysis identifies mild, moderate or severe inflammation within the GI tract.
Elevations of these markers are associated with infection (bacterial, viral, & parasitic),
food allergy, NSAID enteropathy, IBD and neoplasia.
- GI inflammation is associated with Intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
(Short Chain Fatty Acids, pH, Beta-glucuronidase, Bile Acids)
- Abnormal levels of Short Chain Fatty Acids may indicate alterations in gut flora, insufficient dietary
fiber, altered transit time and small bowel bacteria overgrowth.
- The chemistry markers identify imbalances that are associated with increased toxic burden
within the colon, increasing long-term risk for colon and breast cancers.
- Quantitative measures of the beneficial flora Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium
- Quantitative measures of additional flora, including strict pathogenic bacteria and
potentially pathogenic and bacteria and yeast.
- An imbalance in GI flora is associated with Intestinal and Extra-intestinal conditions.
(EIA and microscopic evaluation)
- With the highest documented recovery rates (22% positivity rate), this
Parasitology exam quantifies all ova and parasites identified.
- Includes microscopic evaluation for yeast and blood cells.
ANALYTE LIST: Deoxycholic AcidLithoCholic AcidLCA/DCA Ratio (Calculation)Bacteriology, anaerobicBacteriology, aerobicMIC Sensitivities, BacteriaEosinophil Protein XShort Chain Fatty AcidsYeast CultureBeta-GlucuronidaseBile-AcidsCalprotectinCryptosporidiumEntamoeba histolytica EIAMIC Sensitivities, YeastGiardia lamblia EIAPancreatic ElastasepHParasitology Identification, Trichrome StrainParasitology Identification, Concentrate
Turn Around Time: 14 Days
Specimen Requirements: 5cc stool in each vial-3 SAF
82239 name: Deoxycholic Acid82239 name: LithoCholic Acid82239 name: LCA/DCA Ratio (Calculation)87075 name: Bacteriology, anaerobic87045 name: Bacteriology, aerobic83520 name: Eosinophil Protein X82492 name: Short Chain Fatty Acids87102 name: Yeast Culture84311 name: Beta-Glucuronidase82239 name: Bile-Acids83520 name: Calprotectin87328 name: Cryptosporidium87336 name: Entamoeba histolytica EIA87329 name: Giardia lamblia EIA82656 name: Pancreatic Elastase83986 name: pH