Ongoing clinical research has shown that individuals placed on a diet appropriate to their DNA can lose up to 76% more weight. The first of its kind, genoVive’s Weight Management Program, based on genetic sciences, represents a ground-breaking approach to long term weight management and lifetime health. It allows health professionals like us to create personalized meal and activity solutions featuring optimal combinations of nutrients (carbohydrates, proteins, and fats) to deliver the most effective outcomes.
More specifically, The genoVive DNA test analyzes a scientifically based group of genes to create a personalized report that provides:
- Recommended calorie counts
- Optimal macronutrient ratios
- Type and intensity of exercise (endurance/power) based on your genetic profile
- Behavioral rationales (cravings, taste, binge eating, satiety, and mood)
At the heart of our new genoVive weight loss program is a simple cheek-swab DNA test kit that is then sent to the certified genoVive laboratory. The lab analyzes your cheek-swab sample for multiple genetic mutations (SNPs):
- 12 gene SNPs for fat and carbohydrate metabolism
- 7 gene SNPs for exercise requirements
- 6 gene SNPs (including MTHFR) for Eating Behavior
How does this work?
1. Purchase online
2. Doctors order provided by us.
3. Collect cheek swab at home and mail to the lab.
4. You receive the results.
5. Practitioner phone consultations available.
NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK,
Your GenoVive DNA Sample Kit package contains 1 pre-labeled return envelope, 1 DNA Sample kit envelope, 1 plastic envelope, 2 sterile swabs and information and forms.
- Rinse:Thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm water.
- Swab: Carefully remove sterile swabs from sleeves. Press firmly and rotate swab several times against the inside of your mouth on one cheek. Repeat with the second swab on the other side.
- Dry: Stand swabs with the tips up in a clean drinking cup or glass. Allow them to dry for 15 minutes.
- Pack: Place the 2 dried swabs into the plastic envelope with the blue flap at the top. Remove the clear coating and seal the envelope. Place your plastic envelope inside the kit envelope.
- Mail: Place the kit envelope containing your sealed plastic swab envelope into the provided pre-labeled mailing envelope and send it to GenoVive’s lab where your DNA sample will be analyzed.