Intestinal Permeability Assessment analyzes urine for the clearance of two non-metabolized sugars, lactulose and mannitol. Identifies "leaky gut", and malabsorption.The Intestinal Permeability Assessment directly measures the ability of two nonmetabolized sugar molecules –mannitol and lactulose–to permeate the intestinal mucosa.
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
To See A Sample Report Click Here!
Mannitol is easily absorbed and serves as a marker of transcellular uptake, while lactulose is only slightly absorbed and serves as a marker for mucosal integrity. To perform the test, the patient mixes premeasured amounts of lactulose and mannitol and drinks the challenge substance. The test measures the amount of lactulose and mannitol recovered in a urine sample over the next 6 hours.,Urine specimen you collect at home and mail to the lab. You receive a copy of the results. ,