The Lipid Panel Blood Test will provide you with information about the levels of good and bad circulating fat particles in your blood. Includes Cholesterol, total; high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol; low-density lipoprotein (LDL); triglycerides; very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) cholesterol (calculation) Fasting is required for 12 hours before the test. Requires a blood draw at a lab close to your home or work. NOT AVAILABLE IN NEW YORK, New Jersey, OR CALIFORNIA
- Purchase on our secure website.
- Lab order is provided by us.
- You receive a collection kit for saliva, urine, or finger stick to collect at home and mail to the lab. Some tests require a blood draw at a local lab.
- You receive the results by email within 2-3 weeks.
- Got insurance? Some tests are covered. Call 800 385-7863 for more information.
- Practitioner phone consultations available, some included with test.
Evaluation of hyperlipidemia as an index to coronary artery disease.
Investigation of serum lipids is indicated in those with coronary and other arterial disease, especially when it is premature, and in those with family history of atherosclerosis or of hyperlipidemia. In this sense, the expression “premature” is mostly used to include those with a family history of premature CHD (definite myocardial infarction), or sudden death before 55 years of age in father or other male first-degree relative, or before 65 years of age in mother or other female first-degree relative.