Estrogen Metabolism Plus is ideal for:
• The prevention and treatment of hormone-related symptoms and conditions
• Prescribing and monitoring Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
• Assessing the risk of hormone-related disease, including breast cancer
The Benefits of Urine Hormone Testing:
First-Morning-Void OR 24-hour urine collection
These simple, at-home collection options offer the advantage of a time average, effectively
integrating spikes that may occur in these hormones over time.
Measures the free, bio-available fraction of hormones
Urinary testing measures the portion of hormones that are active in the body.
Measures the metabolites of these important steroid hormones
These metabolites contribute to provide a robust analysis of hormonal excess or deficiency,
and help to assess the adequacy and safety of hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
Anabolic/Catabolic Balance (ACB)
The ACB evaluates the ability for “growth and healing” (anabolic) versus the state of
“wear and tear” (catabolic).
Methylation is required for effectively eliminating carcinogenic hormone metabolites,
and for activating protective hormones against cancer.
Therapy is directed at the source of the abnormality, which may include:
• HRT – estrogen, progesterone, androgens, thyroid, cortisol, etc.
• Estrogen Metabolism support – Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and/or Diindolemethane (DIM)
• Before Taking this Test:
Premenopausal women, note date of menstrual cycle on the requisition.
Recommend women on HRT or hormonal contraceptives, to obtain specimen approximately
8-10 hours AFTER the last dose.