- No phlebotomist or centrifuging required
- Collection times can be optimized – very important for determining early morning baseline hormone levels, testing of hormones multiple times during the day, and assessment of HRT dosing
- Nearly painless finger prick, simple and safe (stress of conventional blood draw can alter test results)
- Private (home collection) and convenient for both patient and doctor
- Hormones are stable in dried bloodspot at room temperature for weeks allowing for worldwide shipment
- Less expensive than conventional blood draws (no phlebotomist, centrifuge, or expensive shipment)
- Ease of collection allows for routine monitoring and adjustment of hormone supplementation as needed.